Carpet Cleaning FAQ
Carpets that are not professionally cleaned will not be as durable as they would if maintained regularly. This can take a toll on your budget if you have to replace everything. Here are some commonly asked questions that will help you understand why professional carpet cleaning is essential for the life and health of your carpet.
Why Do People Have Their Carpets and Rugs Cleaned By Professionals?
The everyday wear and tear takes a toll on carpets and rugs and will seep in and do damage if not cleaned routinely.
The most common contaminants are:
• Bio pollutants
• Combustion products
• Dust mites
• Everyday dust and soil from shoes
• Oil or grease cooking stains
• Sauce or beverage spills
All the toxins listed above can be found in your carpets if you don't have them cleaned by professionals routinely. Vacuuming once or twice a week will not thoroughly eliminate them and they'll build up with time. Making sure your carpets are properly cleaned on a regular basis will remove and prevent future and permanent damage. Professional cleaning will also add to the durability of your carpet and enhance its elegance.
Can Water Ruin My Carpeting?
The water that is used during heat extraction is fully removed through the high-pressure vacuum. That is not something you have to worry about when you're having your carpet cleaned professionally. They use the most innovative equipment to make sure it isn't an issue.
Clean Carpets Means a Healthy Living for You and Your Family
It's a smart idea to clean your carpet every 6 to 18 months to prevent damage. Every situation is different, but that is the standard professional recommendation. For households with a lot of foot traffic on certain areas, those carpets might need to be cleaned every six to eight months.
Some factors that can determine how frequently to clean your carpets are:
• How many people come in the home everyday
• Potential pet damage
• Climate and home location
• How well the carpet is taken care of between professional cleanings
Regular maintenance of your carpets and rugs will protect your investment and save you money in the long run because you will not have to replace your carpets as often.
Keep People and Animals Off the Carpet Until It’s Dry
Every situation is different, but most carpets take several hours to dry. Depending on the damage and how long it took to clean, some carpets may take a full 24 hours to completely dry. It is important to keep young children and pets, as well as other heavy foot traffic, off the carpet until it is fully dry to lessen the risk of re-soiling.
How Do I Look After My Carpet?
Stick to the following three steps to keep your carpet clean.
1) Vacuuming is the most important thing for your carpeting. Regular vacuuming will remove the dry particles that are caught within your carpet from pets, children, and yourself. If you don't vacuum a couple of times a month, those easily removed particles will sink farther down the carpet and cause long-term damage that can't be fixed.
2) Another step easily overlooked is cleaning up spills as they happen. Spills left too long may become very hard to remove, and you may have to use abrasive cleaning agents which can harm your carpeting. Blotting spills with absorbent materials is the correct way to clean up liquid stains. Do not rub vigorously as that could embed the stain further, as well as damage the natural fibers of your carpeting.
3) The third important step to proper servicing is professional cleaning. Regular steam cleaning of your carpets will eliminate the soil and dirt contaminants that your vacuum cannot reach. Your carpet will also be refreshed by the hot water treatment and its texture will be renewed.
When you stick to those 3 steps, you won't have any problems with your carpet. Calling Convenient Carpet Cleaning will guarantee your carpet stays beautiful and healthy for several years to come.